Thread lifts are increasingly popular as a non-surgical approach to address skin laxity. However, results and procedures differ according to a patient’s morphology. The options available to evaluate face lifts results include ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) which assess […]Read more
Tips in Practice
Aesthetics medicine is a very visual specialty. Photos open conversation. They describe what words cannot. The steps below will help medical professionals achieve open communication with their patients, while improving transparency and enhance the patient’s consultation journey using images. Understand […]Read more
In aesthetics, photographs are an invaluable method used for documentation and visual tracking in consultations. Photos enrichen and liven up the use of mundane words or text. As aesthetics is a very visual specialty, the representation of patients should be […]Read more
Waiting Room: A place where one waits. When setting an appointment, patients know this word all too well. Thoroughness is critical in aesthetic consultations, but so is the valuable time of each patient. How can doctors achieve one without sacrificing […]Read more
What our customers say
With our LifeViz® Infinity system, we assess the health of our patient’s skin based on different criteria such as Wrinkles, Pores, Pigmentation, Vascularity… We benefit from the accuracy of metrics with the 3D skin evaluation to capture the severity of wrinkles/pores, allowing us to visualize and assess the evolution and efficacy of treatments. Moreover, with the SkinCare Report, we can better inform the patient of the best aesthetic or cosmetic intervention and it becomes an ideal tool for us to develop a ‘treatment dialogue’ with our customers.
We also use our LifeViz® Infinity technology for body treatments as it enables quantification of volume, shape and measurement changes. The accurate 3D images are standardized offering greater precision. With only one click, the before and after images overlap so the slightest change can be detected. This is a big gain for our CoolSculpting treatments.
LifeViz® Infinity is completely integrated in our workflow as it eases our daily practice and overall enables better communication with our patients.
Dr Myriam Wyss Fopp & Dr Petra Becker Wegerich, Ästhetik- und Laserzentrum Zürichsee AG, Switzerland
The Dermatology team at CHDR has been using the LifeViz® Micro as an imaging tool in clinical trials over the past years.
In our experience, the LifeViz® Micro is easy to handle by anyone without the need of extensive training before performing the clinical photography. The acquired photographs are of prime quality which are often utilized in our reports over conventional 2D photography. The laser beam that focuses on the target makes standardization of sequential photographs by different operators a piece of cake. Subsequent analysis in the Dermapix® software is clearly described in the user manual and the features within the analysis software are intuitive to use. Data is immediately interpretable for the clinical study results.
After five years of extensive use in our clinical setting and more than 4000 pictures acquired, we are extremely happy with the possibilities LifeViz® Micro has to offer and we would recommend this tool to every dermatological researcher for high-quality photo documentation and reliable planimetry of skin lesions.
1: Rijsbergen M, Pagan L, Niemeyer-van der Kolk T, et al. Stereophotogrammetric three-dimensional photography is an accurate and precise planimetric method for the clinical visualization and quantification of human papilloma virus-induced skin lesions. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2019;33(8):1506–1512. doi:10.1111/jdv.15474
CHDR, The Dermatology team, Netherlands
Aesthetic treatments are the most requested procedures by my patients. I could not imagine working without QuantifiCare’s LifeViz® camera, that provides a deep evaluation of the melanin and vascular component of each patient. I can also share injections results with my patients thanks to the volumetric calculation performed by the program; or even after body shaping treatments or liposuction operations, the volume and inches loss of the treated areas. However, the latest program update left me positively astonished – the 3D Facelift uses arrows to portray the traction undergone by the skin after a face lifting operation or laser treatment. The minimal displacements obtained with new generations of laser is perfectly visible, which tops the chart for tightening procedures. It is a tool that every doctor should possess. The results after an invasive surgery are noticeable, but to verify detailed results we need an advanced technology such as QuantifiCare’s LifeViz®.
Prof. Paolo Bonan, MD, Laser Surgeon and Researcher, Italy
- August, 2019 - Abstract Stereophotogrammetric three-dimensional photography is an accurate and precise planimetric method for the clinical visualization and quantification of human papilloma virus-induced skin lesions.
- April, 2018 - Publication Multi-Center, Double-Blind, Vehicle-Controlled Clinical Trial of an Alpha and Beta Defensin-Containing Anti-Aging Skin Care Regimen With Clinical, Histopathologic, Immunohistochemical, Photographic, and Ultrasound Evaluation – Journal of Drugs in Dermatology
- January, 2018 - Publication Validation of 3D skin imaging for objective repeatable quantification of severity of atrophic acne scarring
- June, 2017 - Abstract Effectiveness evaluation of two volumizing hyaluronic acid dermal fillers in a controlled, randomized, double-blind, split-face clinical study – NCBI
- January, 2017 - Publication Indication specific cannula treatment – PRIME
- March, 2016 - Abstract Imagerie 3D stéréo-photogrammétrique : analyse faciale et application clinique (à propos d’un cas) – Editions CdP
- February, 2016 - Abstract Inter- and Intra-Operator Reliability of Facial and Dental Measurements Using 3D-Stereophotogrammetry – JERD
- November, 2015 - Abstract 3D photography is as accurate as digital planimetry tracing in determining burn wound area – NCBI
- February, 2013 - Publication Repeatability and clinical utility in stereophotogrammetric measurements of wounds – Journal of Wound Care
- June, 2012 - Publication Quantification of skin lesions with a 3D stereovision camera system: validation and clinical applications – Skin Research and Technology
- June, 2012 - Publication Innovative applications for platelet-rich fibrin matrix (PRFM) – Plastic Surgery Practice
- January, 2012 - Publication Example of QuantifiCare’s 3D imaging system for a quantitative evaluation of a filler – Journal of Drugs in Dermatology
- December, 2011 - Publication Objective quantification of subjective parameters in scars by use of a portable stereophotographic system – Annals of Plastic Surgery
- January, 2011 - Abstract Evaluation of 3D digital imaging for reliable wound healing measurement